Frequently Asked Questions

Q:  How do I notify you of a change of address?
A:  An address change must be made in writing. Fill out the Change of Address Form.  Mail or fax the form to the address clerk at the address below. Your signature is required to complete a change of address.

Samson Resources II
Attn: Address Clerk
PO Box 21035
Tulsa, OK 74121
Fax: (918) 560-6867

Q:  Do you offer Direct Deposit?
A:  Royalty owners paid by Samson Resources may apply for their royalty payments to be deposited directly into their designated bank account. For information regarding direct deposit, download the direct deposit form.

Q:  How do I contact you?
A:  View the Samson Resources’ Owner Relations contact page.

Q:  When are checks issued?
A:  Your check is usually mailed on the 25th day of each month. If the 25th day is on a weekend or a holiday, your check will be mailed on the next regular business day.

Q:  What is your minimum check amount?
A:  Payments are issued when the distributable amount exceeds $100, unless other arrangements have been made. If your account balance does not accrue to $100, a check will be issued on the next regular check date when your account accrues to $100 or more. In some instances, adjustments to earlier payments can result in a negative account balance. When this occurs, payments for future sales will be applied to the negative balance until the account returns to a positive balance that exceeds $100, at which time, a check will be mailed on the next regular check date. Additionally, Samson Resources will make annual payments on accounts with distributable amounts less than $100.

Q:  What should I do if I have not received my check or if my check has been lost?
A:  Samson Resources cannot place a stop payment on a lost check until the check is at least 15 business days old. If you have not received your check by the 15th business day following the 25th of the previous month, please notify Owner Relations by phone, fax, or e-mail to have this check reissued on a following check. Contact Owner Relations with further questions. 

Q:  How do I get a copy of my check detail or joint interest billing statement?
A:  You may use the Log On at the top of this page to request this information. You may also Contact Us at the toll free number and request this information using the Automated Voice-Mail System.

Q:  How is the eight digit Owner Decimal calculated?
A:  The eight digit Owner Decimal on the check detail, Division Order or payment letter is the decimal Samson Resources is responsible for paying for your interest in the specific property.  The calculation for this decimal is the owner’s net acres included in the property divided by the total property acres multiplied by the royalty rate set forth in the lease.  For example, if the owner has 20 net acres in a well with a total acreage of 640 acres at a 1/8 royalty rate, the calculation is; (20/640)x.125 = .00390625.

Q:  How do I notify Samson Resources of a transfer of interest or name change?
A:  Name change and transfer instructions are provided in the Forms section.

Q:  When are the Form 1099 Miscellaneous Income statements mailed?
A:  These are mailed by January 31st of each year. A copy of these statements may be obtained by contacting the Owner Relations Department.